Sun, Aug 20|
RELEASE & REVEAL YOUR VISIBLE VOICE with Katharine Rajczak
Improve your ability to communicate from the inside out during this one week Voice and Communications Retreat for business, legal, medical, academic, and performance professionals.
Time & Location
Aug 20, 7:00 PM – Aug 26, 7:00 PM
Tuscany, Tuscany, Italy
About the Retreat
RELEASE AND REVEAL YOUR VISIBLE VOICE
● How many times have you felt invisible, unheard, or ignored?
● Are there times when you yourself have aimed to be invisible?
● When you have the impulse to communicate, are you confident that the sound of your voice truly conveys what you need to express?
● Does your voice reflect the real you?
What makes a great actor, a compelling orator, or an engaging speaker? DELIVERY
It may seem counterintuitive but how we say something often matters more than what we say. How we say something will reveal the TRUTH of what is underneath the words. Business leaders, managers, lawyers, mediators, health professionals, teachers, and actors are continually called upon to perform, present, persuade, placate, or deliver painful news. How we use our body and voice in these moments will affect how the information is received. If the tone of voice or physical gesture doesn’t match with the words being used the message may be misinterpreted or just not heard. Simply put, your true voice will be unvoiced. It will be invisible.
The Visible Voice Retreat will help you:
● make more compelling, confident, presentations in court, the classroom, on stage, and in meetings and gatherings of small or large groups.
● optimally utilize and trust your voice particularly in the face of stressful situations.
● better understand the anatomy of voice production and breath support to avert vocal strain and increase vocal stamina.
Daily activities led by lawyer/voice coach Katharine Rajczak, and actor/teachers Kate Fenton and Annie Newton, will include instruction in breath, physical alignment, gentle movement, creative improvisation, nourishing sound meditations, and invigorating vocalization. There will also be time in the day for nature walks, swimming, journaling, and stimulating conversation.
We’ll also take a break mid-week to refresh our systems and enjoy a visit to Pienza for the day. You can use your free time here to wander through the old streets, visit museums, go shopping, or simply sip a cappuccino, write postcards, and watch the street life.